Patient Info / Forms
At NorthStar Physical Therapy, we want to maximize your time with us. After you make your appointment, please fill out the Online Registration form below to create your patient record.
What should I do before my first appointment?
- Have a list of key past medical history, current medications, and other important information.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable athletic shoes.
What can I expect from my first visit?
- You will check in with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and assist you with scheduling appointments.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history and your current injury or reason for coming to physical therapy. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.